36 yrs old & off to Camp La Jolla Womans Fitness Camp..for 3 weeks....alone!

Its Saturday night. i just had an amazing day with my family. Went to see High School Musical at the OC performing arts center, went to the Melting Pot (fondue place) for dinner. While at dinner my 5 year old son lost his first tooth.

Here's a peek into my life right now. Hubby has been with same company for 10 years, waiting on offer for new job! (update 6/28) Hubby accepted the job offer yesterday, Big Blue IBM/Cognos ....Congratulations Bryan!

He took 3 weeks off to hang out with my son over the summer. He's going to visit his parents and great grandparents on a road trip with my son, and will also check in with some high school buddies.

Me, I'm off to Camp La Jolla http://www.camplajolla.com/ to spent 3 weeks with woman over 30 from all over the country. 4 activities a day, 1200 calaries a day, nutrition classes and food trigger conversation. I'm FIRED up and nervous however, THRILLED to have this opportunity.

My work has been amazing, understanding how important this is to me and my health, physically and mentally.

So with this, i'm off to pack, spend a little more quality time with my family.

stay tuned....


Saturday, June 28, 2008

1 week down--2 to go

Friday. We went Kayaking in Mission Bay yesterday. I own a Kayak and it is one of my most favorite things to do. This Kayak trip was fun for so many reasons. I was in a group of about 20 woman, i'd say about 90% of them had never been in a kayak. They were nervous and unsure and all the way there I'm jumping around like a 12 year old saying "your gonna love it, your gonna love it!". We had a blast, the weather was perfect. We saw a seal, some beautiful birds, there was a huge, and I mean huge birds nest on top of one of the boats mast. I was proud of myself because I was in a tandem kayak with Lina my roommate and we rocked. Usually I'm with my hubby and I rely on him, this time she relied on me and we were a great team.

I was right, everyone LOVED it!

On our way there I REALLY has some flash backs. I went to SDSU for school and my husband and I lived in Pacific Beach (the town right next to where we went kayaking). While I was driving in this van full of woman, I had a big smile on my face. Thinking about living with my old roommates, graduating from college, my favorite restaurant losta past and the moonlight kayak trip Bryan and I took together for the first time back when we were 22-23 years old.

Fast forward, I am committed to taking our kayak out more and exercising with this big smile on my face.

Saturday (today).

Beach walk wasn't until 7:30 this morning whoo hoo, an hour more of sleep! We went to the beach at Torey Pines, it was gorgeous. We walked, then walked to lunch. Everyone else had activities from 10:30-noon...I had a massage at 11am. I did not realize I was sore until the masseuse started pushing and rubbing and tugging, ouch and ahh.

I am sore and I am really tired. The week of kickboxing, water aerobics, walking, rock climbing, tennis, kayaking, etc. finally caught up with me. I watch a movie on my laptop all afternoon, walked to dinner and thought i'd remotivate for tonight but I am still beat. Today and tomorrow will be mellow work out days so that the machine that is camp la jolla will start bright and early on Monday.

IF i get my first choice for my 4 exercise sessions next week, it will be Pilates, Zumba (dance moves from the salsa, meringue, reggae, etc ), Racquetball and Fitness Frenzy (strength training and cardio) my fingers are crossed.

No comments: