36 yrs old & off to Camp La Jolla Womans Fitness Camp..for 3 weeks....alone!

Its Saturday night. i just had an amazing day with my family. Went to see High School Musical at the OC performing arts center, went to the Melting Pot (fondue place) for dinner. While at dinner my 5 year old son lost his first tooth.

Here's a peek into my life right now. Hubby has been with same company for 10 years, waiting on offer for new job! (update 6/28) Hubby accepted the job offer yesterday, Big Blue IBM/Cognos ....Congratulations Bryan!

He took 3 weeks off to hang out with my son over the summer. He's going to visit his parents and great grandparents on a road trip with my son, and will also check in with some high school buddies.

Me, I'm off to Camp La Jolla http://www.camplajolla.com/ to spent 3 weeks with woman over 30 from all over the country. 4 activities a day, 1200 calaries a day, nutrition classes and food trigger conversation. I'm FIRED up and nervous however, THRILLED to have this opportunity.

My work has been amazing, understanding how important this is to me and my health, physically and mentally.

So with this, i'm off to pack, spend a little more quality time with my family.

stay tuned....


Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Nike Tennis Camp

I went to the Nike tennis camp this evening. I've never even held a tennis racquetand I really enjoyed it! (Bryan, we're heading to the tennis courts this summer to play around.) It was only an hour but I could see this being a fun way to run around to burn some calories.

I met more amazing people today, woman from austrailia, england, holland, florida, ohio, nevada, texas, north carolina, etc. Really nice to take a break from my little world and meet other people who are not very "connected". Teachers, Nutruitions, one lady even works in a nuclear plant! One common goal to get fit.

Camp is Fun. Night

No comments: