36 yrs old & off to Camp La Jolla Womans Fitness Camp..for 3 weeks....alone!

Its Saturday night. i just had an amazing day with my family. Went to see High School Musical at the OC performing arts center, went to the Melting Pot (fondue place) for dinner. While at dinner my 5 year old son lost his first tooth.

Here's a peek into my life right now. Hubby has been with same company for 10 years, waiting on offer for new job! (update 6/28) Hubby accepted the job offer yesterday, Big Blue IBM/Cognos ....Congratulations Bryan!

He took 3 weeks off to hang out with my son over the summer. He's going to visit his parents and great grandparents on a road trip with my son, and will also check in with some high school buddies.

Me, I'm off to Camp La Jolla http://www.camplajolla.com/ to spent 3 weeks with woman over 30 from all over the country. 4 activities a day, 1200 calaries a day, nutrition classes and food trigger conversation. I'm FIRED up and nervous however, THRILLED to have this opportunity.

My work has been amazing, understanding how important this is to me and my health, physically and mentally.

So with this, i'm off to pack, spend a little more quality time with my family.

stay tuned....


Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day 3

I am so amazed at how much i am enjoying being "disconnected" technology wise. I have left my cell phone in my room everyday, only checking in 30 min. during the day and when i arrive back at night. I truly feel "free". i have not met anyone who works on a computer everyday and when i was one of the few signing up (and excited) to get Internet access it really made me think i need to rethink how much time i spend on this thing.

NEW goal. Obviously for work i need to be on the computer and i still love my twitter/plurking, etc, but now i think it might need to be 2nd to a walk, a kick boxing class or a swim. It needs to take a back seat in my life.

I think everyone knows the magic word: balance. huh. amazing.

work, life balance = old term

technology balance might be my new goal

so i will celebrate today! walked to the beach about 2 miles, walked to all meals= 6 miles. Did kickboxing (awesome!), water aerobics (fun) and went rock climbing....had a blast!!!

I've had some great conversations and some out of control gigging fits with some of my new friends. I highly recommend this to anyone who needs to reclaim themselves.

tomorrow will be very similar. One new class will be behavior modification, I'm really excited to learn about this as I think it's at the root of my eating "issue".

Miss my boys so much (and my doggies too), but i know this is worth it

till tomorrow......

No comments: